You may have trouble receiving push requests if there are network issues between your phone and our service. Many phones have trouble determining whether to use the WiFi or cellular data channel when checking for push requests, and simply turning the phone to airplane mode and back to normal operating mode again often resolves these sort of issues, if there is a reliable internet connection available. Similarly, the issue may be resolved by turning off the WiFi connection on your device and using the cellular data connection.
Check the time and date on your phone and make sure they are correct. If the date and time on your phone are manually set, try changing your device's configuration to sync date and time automatically with the network.
iOS users can run a troubleshooting tool from within Duo Mobile version 3.32.0 or later. To run the tool:
- Open the Duo Mobile app on your iOS device and tap the Edit button in the top left of the accounts list screen, then tap the name of the account for you aren't receiving push requests.
- Next, tap the Get Started button in the "Missing Notifications?" section of the the "Account Details" screen.
- Duo Mobile performs the test. If any step fails, you'll receive further troubleshooting suggestions. After taking the suggested actions, tap **Run test again* to retry.
The steps that Push Troubleshooting performs automatically are as follows:
- Check device settings.
- Check internet connectivity.
- Check that the device can contact Duo's cloud service.
- Attempts to send a test Duo Push notification.
Should none of these actions help, see the Duo Knowledge Base for additional iOS and Android troubleshooting steps.
If you can't get Duo Push working on your own, you can use Duo's device management portal to log in with a passcode generated by the Duo Mobile app and send a new activation link to your phone. See the My Settings & Devices guide for instructions.
If you've tried the suggestions here but can't get Duo Push working or reactivate your device yourself, please contact the IT Service Desk to request reactivation of Duo Mobile.